From research to reading… What will you discover?
We’re passionate about lifelong learning, and our focus in September is all about supporting you to learn something new. From reading to researching, we have the experts and resources to get you started.
September is… Adult Learners’ Week
Libraries Tasmania is holding a series of engaging events across Tasmania to connect adults with learning and support their learning journeys during Adult Learners’ Week 2021.
Adult Learners’ Week is celebrated annually across Australia from 1 – 8 September. It is a great introduction to the learning support available in libraries for adults all year round.
Whether you are returning to learning after a long break or are wanting to develop a new skill, Libraries Tasmania is here to support you.
Join us for:
- Story themed quiz or just join us for lunch Wednesday, 1 September at Scottsdale Library
- Launch into Adult Learners’ Week at Queenstown Library
- Short story writing, or learn how to make short movie clips at Burnie Library
- Crafternoon at George Town Library
- Learn all about QR codes at Kingston Library
To find out what your local library is doing for Adult Learners’ Week, search for Libraries Tasmania on Eventbrite, or check directly with your local library.
September is… reading, writing, and research
Keen minds and lifelong learners are welcomed with open arms at Libraries Tasmania, with a range of creative and research-based activities on offer for those who want to extend their own writing skills, explore the writing of others – or refine their search for information.
Below is just a sample of what is on at your local library.
- Learn the basics of family history research
- English Conversation Group. Tuesdays, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Self-publish Your Story
- Young Writers
- Young Artists
- Author Talk with Kyle Perry at Devonport Library about his second novel, The Deep. Register online as spaces are limited.
- Huonville Library Robotics Club meets on the first Thursday of every month
- Come to English Conversation Group at Smithton Library
- Family History Basics
- English Conversation Group. Fridays, 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
For your local library’s full list of events, don’t forget to check the What’s On link in our monthly newsletter.
September is… Rock & Rhyme and Storytime!
Learning something new is fun for the young ones, especially when it’s accompanied by music, narrative and movement! Our Rock & Rhyme and Storytime sessions are very popular with babies, pre-schoolers… and their parents and carers! Sessions are run regularly throughout the year at many of our libraries.
To find and book a session, search for Libraries Tasmania on Eventbrite, or check directly with your local library.