This April, we are inviting you to explore all that we have on offer.
Enjoy our exhibitions and displays.
Experience the delights of chocolate making in Tasmania’s south.
Visit the latest display ‘By Mountain and Sea’: 100 Years of Cadbury’s at Claremont, now on at the State Library of Tasmania and Tasmanian Archives Reading Room and online.
Looking for a contemporary retelling of Tasmanian history?
The Lanney Pillar at the Allport Library and Museum of Fine Arts is open until 25 June 2022. Experience the story of William Lanney as it’s never been told before.
Can’t come to an exhibition in person? Go behind the scenes with the Allport Curator and artists online.
Join a program or event for adults, at our public libraries across the state:
- Walk, Reboot and Socialise at Rosny Library
- Learn how to download eBooks and eAudiobooks at Launceston Library
- Enjoy digital design using a cricut machine at George Town Library
- Use family history software at Bridgewater Library
- Join Tech-Talk and Tea at Ulverstone Library
- Try Instagram Basics at Glenorchy Library
- Take part in the Thursday Book Club at Devonport Library
Or, for the kids:
- Bitlink Zap Trap at Devonport Library
- Rock & Rhyme and Storytime at Burnie Library
- Storytime at Scottsdale Library
Visit Eventbrite for events at your local library.
Have you ever wanted to join a book club?
We are partnering with Overdrive to bring you two virtual book clubs.
Ben’s Book Club is hosted by bestselling author Ben Hobson and focuses on a new book each month. Library Lovers is hosted by bestselling Maya Linnell and looks at books and magazines.
Each month you can download the selected titles with no holds or waitlist using the Libby App or from the OverDrive website using your Libraries Tasmania membership.
Expect interactive discussions with some of Australia’s most loved authors.
Register your interest online:
- Library Lovers with Maya Linnell Library Lovers with Maya Linnell Tickets, Wed 20/04/2022 at 7:00 pm | Eventbrite
- Ben’s Book Club Ben’s Book Club featuring ‘The Mother’ by Jane Caro AM Tickets, Tue 26/04/2022 at 7:00 pm | Eventbrite
Big Library Read
Join in the Big Library Read from 4 to 18 April when readers around the world will all be reading the same book at the same time! This year’s title is Music is History by Questlove.
Our spaces are for everyone
Find a quiet space in the State Library of Tasmania and Tasmanian Archives Reading Room, and study, work, or read in comfort.
Visit your local library to enjoy the children’s area and family friendly spaces.
Discover local and Tasmanian history through access to resources online and in person at your local library.
Or satisfy your curiosity by reading magazines, connecting with a class, or doing your own research… the choice is yours.
If you need help accessing any of our wonderful resources, contact your local library.
Image: Dancers in costume as two couples. https://stors.tas.gov.au/NS2490-1-1$init=NS2490-1-1_33