There are so many opportunities to learn at Libraries Tasmania. Learning something new can help you to create connections, keep your brain healthy, and of course, allow you to upskill.
Although learning as an adult can sometimes feel daunting, we’re here to help you along the way.
There is so much on offer at Libraries Tasmania, and what better time than Adult Learners Week 1 to 8 September to explore the options. Visit your local library to pick up a program and keep an eye on Eventbrite for workshops, classes or sessions.
A taster of Adult Learners Week sessions ahead:
- How do I learn another language? at Hobart Library on Monday 5 September 10:00 am – 11:00 am
- Knit and Natter at Hobart Library on Monday 5 September 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm
- Digital Drop In @ Ulverstone Library Monday 5 September 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm
- Join Minnie Darke @ Devonport Library in partnership with the Devonport Bookshop Wednesday 7 September 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm
- TCAL Instructional Video Launch at Hobart Library on Thursday 8 September 11:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Teaching Someone to Read at Hobart Library on Thursday 8 September 10:15 am to 11:00 am
- A Taste of Public Speaking at Burnie Library Thursday 8 September 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm
- A Taste of Virtual Reality at Burnie Library Thursday 1 September 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- A Taste of Art at Burnie Library on Friday 2 September 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
If you’re looking for something specific to help you achieve your learning goals, the Lifelong Learning Information Service, available at all libraries across Tasmania, can help you find the learning opportunity you are looking for. You can visit or contact your local library, or call 1800 808 303 to receive help finding information about learning opportunities.
Travelling around Tasmania? Check what’s happening at your destination – visitors are always welcome. If you’re on the move don’t forget our eBooks, eAudiobooks, online newspapers and more for online learning, and research and reference materials – a wealth of knowledge awaits you.