Our summer holiday program for kids – Solve It @ Your Library! – will be kicking off on 20 December 2021 and continuing until the end of January 2022.
There are heaps of things for the kids to Solve It @ Your Library this summer… They can discover what to read, where to find answers, what to do, how to have FUN! And the more time they spend reading, the more chances they have to win a Nintendo Switch!
Drop into to your local library to pick up a Solve It @ Your Library reading and activity booklet or download a copy here. Remember to register with your local library to enter the competition.
Parents can also enjoy a well-earned break, as we have loads of fun Libraries Tasmania activities and workshops to keep the kids busy and entertained across the summer! Watch out for these exciting kids’ activities at your local library:
To find out what else is on offer and to register, search for Libraries Tasmania on Eventbrite, or contact your local library. Bookings are essential.
At Libraries Tasmania, we love the spring school holidays!
Our spring school holiday program is brimful of exciting events for budding creatives, scientists, and those that want to learn and play!
Here’s a selection of the events and activities happening at Libraries Tasmania – to keep young and old busy…
- Get creative with Pom Pom and Star Art Making or try no bake cooking at Devonport Library
- Get lost in a Razzle Dazzle: Camouflage painting workshop at Scottsdale Library
- Try a Spooky VR experience or make animal and mandala twirlers at Burnie Library
- Craft paper flowers at Wynyard Library – pick up a free craft bag from 25 September
- Learn to Reduce, Reuse, Recycle everyday items into a crafty masterpiece, join a Lego challenge, or play with the A-Maze-ing Dash at Rosny Library
- Pick up a ‘Take & Make’ Craft Kit from Bicheno, Orford, Swansea and Tasman libraries
- Try tie dye or ‘Barista for Teens’ and join in the Lego Olympics at George Town Library
There are a few different ways you can find out what your local library is offering during the September school holidays:
- Search ‘Libraries Tasmania’ on Eventbrite
- Check directly with your local library.
- Download the southern libraries school holiday program here:
The school holidays are just around the corner, and Libraries Tasmania has plenty planned to keep the kids busy!
Ideas to get you started:
- Get crafty and make some brilliant badges, design, create and build your own Lego masterpiece or learn how to create stop motion animation at Rosny Library.
- Blast off into space with Spacetime Storytime and Craft at Sorell Library.
- Play alphabet bingo, or make hama beads at Burnie Library.
- Paint with spheros, turn nature into art with leaf collage, or join the Lego challenge at Bridgewater Library.
- Have fun with robots at Queenstown Library, or make your very own fairy door at Zeehan Library.
- Join a drama workshop run by Studio Space for 4 to 8 year olds or 9 to 15 year olds, or listen to silly stories at Scottsdale Library.
- Make your own snow slime, and print 3D snowflakes at Glenorchy Library.
- Be creative by painting flowerpots or combine fun and exercise with Healthy Laser Tag at George Town Library.
- Go wild with dinosaurs, or be a swashbuckling buccaneer at pirate storytime and craft at Hobart Library.
- For those who speak a language other than English, or are interested in learning one, School Holiday Bilingual Storytime is a new addition to the program.
Check out the full Libraries Tasmania Southern July School Holidays Program.
To find out more about what’s on during the July school holidays at Libraries Tasmania, including in the north and north-west of the state, get in touch directly with your local library via phone or Facebook, or search Libraries Tasmania on Eventbrite.